The Stunning State Of Mobile 2013 (Infographic)
We tend to call mobile the second screen, but I tend to call it first screen or rather our second brain. Why? Discover the stunning state of mobile 2013 here.
Being a trendwatcher, I am convinced that mobile is going to be the consumer’s next gateway to content, friends, brands, communities and shopping.
By the end of 2013, there will even be more mobile devices on earth than people. So explore your opportunities in this story.
Infographic: State of Mobile 2013
This rich infographic created by AF-Studio and Super Monitoring shows mobile adoption, vendors and platforms, mobile usage, business, e-commerce, payments and advertising:
Some key takeaways:
- The average age for the first cell phone is now 13.
- More than 2 billion mobile devices will be shipped globally this year.
- Mobile web adoption is growing 8 times faster than web in the 1990s and early 2000s.
- The average consumer actively uses 6.5 apps throughout a 30-day period.
- 80% of smartphone owners and 81% of tablet owners use their devices in front of the TV.
- 80% of consumers plan to conduct mobile commerce in the next 12 months.
- Tablet visitors are nearly 3 times more likely to purchase than smartphone visitors.
From the many trend sessions and keynotes I have delivered around mobile, I’ve learned that many large brands still have doubts about their mobile presence.
For the mostly well known reasons, marketers are still human beings with their doubts, legacy and reluctance to embrace disruptive innovations like mobile.
Mobile is a huge trend that is growing fast and here to stay. A powerful platform that offers brands so many opportunities.
That’s why I like to share mobile intel and actionable insights to brands. It helps them to develop a vision and strategy around mobile.
One of the reasons why I had to share this ingographic.
What About You?
What facts surprised you most? What is your advice to consumer brands that would like to play a serious role in the mobile space? Let us know in the comments below.
Follow & Share
Want more stories on breaking with the status quo? See our category Trends & Innovations, join us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, RSS and get our weekly E-mail Newsletter for updates and free bonus content.
About the Author
Igor Beuker is a serial entrepreneur, acclaimed trendwatcher & speaker, marketing consultant and advisory board member at several disruptive media, technology and entertainment firms. Book Igor as keynote speaker, follow Igor on Twitter or contact him via LinkedIn.