How To Convince Your Boss To Invest In Content Marketing
Do you believe your company could do a far better job in content marketing? Here’s a way to convince your boss using statistical proof.
With content becoming ever important in today’s marketing arena, it can be a little hard to get old school bosses to invest.
Did you know for example that 87% of business to business (B2B) marketers use social media for content marketing?
If you search for content marketing advice on the internet, you will definitely get thousands of articles. It would be nice to have just an one pager with useful content marketing data, right?
So luckily for you, this weekend I bumped into a great infographic with some pretty convincing content marketing facts and figures collected from various studies across the web.
In a nutshell, here are some interesting stats:
- 78% of consumers trust companies that deliver custom content will create trustworthy business relationships.
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful
- 78% of consumers believe that companies providing custom content are interested in building good relationships
And from a marketers point of view:
- 87 percent of business-to-business marketers use content distribution through social media.
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms
- Marketers, on an average spend over a quarter of their marketing budget on content marketing
I really like this infographic as it has some convincing facts and figures that should get your old school bosses interested and ready to invest.
In my opinion it’s a no-brainer for example when research shows that blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms, that you definitely should invest in content marketing.
What About You?
Do you already invest in content marketing? How do you convince your boss, employees or clients about the importance of content marketing?
Follow & Share
Want more stories on breaking with the status quo? Browse our category Viral & Social Video, join us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, RSS and get our weekly E-mail Newsletter for updates and free bonus content.
About the Author
Laurens Bianchi is an independent online marketing professional from the Netherlands and has been blogging on ViralBlog since 2008. Currently Laurens is also the Social Media Consultant for the Royal Dutch Football Association.