Be the first to know. Get our weekly newsletter.

newsletter_popup Join 25,000 of your peers. Get our stories delivered to your e-mail inbox every week.
Edit Interests

Articles Selected for You

No unread stories
 
ViralBlog Logo
Close this box

Sign-up to get the content you like


Our readers can personalize ViralBlog in Zite alike ways, and schedule e-mail alerts to get the most relevant answers to their specific questions.

Choose your sign-up method:

 

By signing-up you agree upon our terms and conditions

 
26/05/2013 by
1535 views

The State Of Social Media Marketing In 2013

Here goes the most recent update on the state of social media marketing, for the second quarter of 2013.

The State Of Social Media Marketing in Q2 2013 Infographic 500x223 The State Of Social Media Marketing In 2013

A nicely aligned overview of interesting facts and research results on how people and marketers use various social media platforms today.

Wishpond released this infographic, combing data from , Nielsen, Hubspot, Socialbakers, Compete and other resources, summed the 17 most important social media facts. When I looked at the steatements, these caught my attention:

2. 15% of total U.S. mobile internet time is spent on social networking sites. I think this percentage will go higher in the next months, not only because this is the year of mobile, but also due to higher mobile internet penetration and availability of smart phones.

6. & 8. Facebook – Marketers may state that Facebook is important for them, on the other hand Facebook does not make it easy for marketers to reach their target audience without sponsoring posts or paying for getting new Facebook fans. I’m curious where this will go…

13. & 15. Twitter – Spreading news and gaining new website visitors in 140 characters is addictive and can also be rewarding. It’s also great webcare platform, but many brands still don’t understand it.

When you use Twitter to answer questions/help customer or prospects, it is expected to send a reply as soon as possible. There are plenty of social media tools for this, take your pick and either do it properly or not at all. It’s simple.

Have a look at the infographic for all the facts and share your thoughts and opinion in a comment, thanks!

The State Of Social Media Marketing In Q2 2013

The State Of Social Media Marketing Q2 2013 Infographic 500x1975 The State Of Social Media Marketing In 2013

 

What About You?
Which important fact or resource are you missing? What’s your point of view on the state of social media marketing and your predictions for the upcoming months?

Follow & Share
Want more social insights? Browse our category Social Media, follow Martin Michalik on Twitter, grab our RSS Feed, join our Facebook movement or subscribe to our weekly e-mail newsletter.

 

Source: Wishpond

 

Follow Category?

Follow Author?

Martin Michalik
3 more

Follow Tags?

facebookFollowUnfollowinfographicFollowUnfollowLinkedinFollowUnfollowmarketingFollowUnfollowSocial MediaFollowUnfollowsocial media marketingFollowUnfollowtwitterFollowUnfollow
 

Comments (7)

  • Nick Steeves
    26/05/2013, 21:15

    Thanks for posting our infographic Martin!

    Nick Steeves
    Director of Marketing
    https://corp.wishpond.com

     
  • Igor Beuker 26/05/2013, 23:41

    23% of the marketers is investing in blogging and social networks this year? What about the other 77%?! Are they going to wait until 2014…?

    15% on mobile is pretty low, compared to Europe and certainly Apac.

     
  • Laurens Bianchi
    27/05/2013, 08:04

    Interesting to see that social/facebook is becoming a performance platform more and more.

     
  • Marion aan 't Goor
    27/05/2013, 10:07

    It’s a shame there’s nothing about Instagram in this infographic! Definitely a platform to consider, especially cause mobile is going to be big this year.

     
    • Igor Beuker 27/05/2013, 10:10

      Agree that mobile is the next gateway!

      Guess, and could understand, that they have seen Insta as a photo sharing platform, not a social network?

       
  • Igor Beuker 27/05/2013, 12:25

    Oops Martin,. poor 77% .

     
 
 
 
 
 
xt/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })(); */ ?>