The World Of Social Media 2011
A recent video infographic by a Dutch company, Video Infographs, presenting the latest data in The World of Social Media 2011. Nicely aligned stats of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and some more.
Video infographics are a pleasant, but for those who like to go more in depth, here are two recent “traditional” reports worth reading.
The first one, from Nielsen – Social Media Report: Q3 2011, brings some interesting insights:
- Females and 18-34-Year-Olds are most active social networkers
- Men are more likely to visit LinkedIn and Wikia
- U.S. Internet users spend more time on Facebook than any other web brand
- Mobile social media use is on the rise
- Social networking app usage up 30% from 3Q 2010
You can access the full Nielsen Social Media Report: Q3 2011 here.
The second is from comScore: The Social Media Landscape, with more details on the EMEA region and focus on social networking trends, social and mobile, altogether with social and advertising. Here are some key quotes:
- In September 2011, 82.1% of worldwide users visited a social network , that’s 1.6 billion visitors
- 18.8% of total time spent Online was on a social network
- Europe has highest proportion of social networking activity worldwide
- Friends of fans are a major, often untapped, source of additional reach and effectiveness
And of course a link to the report comScore: The Social Media Landscape
Looking forward to see the data for the whole 2011 in January and then a comparison to 2010 numbers. What are your expectations about the future in terms of social networks, e-commerce and obviously social commerce?