The Social Travel Revolution (Infographic)
The influence of social media in our daily lives is tremendous and now also starting the social travel revolution. See the insights and smashing infographic here.
One of the first industries to embrace social media is therefore logically the travel industry. Swedish social travel startup Tripl have created this awesome infographic which demonstrates how interactions through social media are effecting the industry
The different social media channels allows the travel industry to communicate rapidly and up to date. Two reasons that are a must in this industry.
In Europe one could see a enormous growth in the social media activites of airlines when the vulcano, Eyjafjallajökull, erupted in 2010. People were informed immediately about their traffic situation.
Looking at the infographic a few key points of interest are:
◦ 72% of all social network users access their social network sites daily while they are travelling
◦ 200 million passengers will board GOGO-WIFI flights this year
◦ 69% of all travel companies saw traffic growth from Facebook
◦ 46% of all travel companies saw traffic growth from Twitter
◦ The top 5 airlines have 2,566,000 fans on Facebook
◦ 50 million trip reviews have been created for TripAdvisor
What About You?
What do you expect from the social travel revolution? New vertical platforms, social seating or other opportunities?